FOLLOWING SURVEYS ARE CARRIED OUT BY
THE MERCANTILE MARINE DEPARTMENT.
- Safety Equipment Survey of Merchant Ships.
- Survey of Containers' Stuffing.
- Survey of Cargo Barges.
- Survey of Load Line.
- Survey of Equipments Anchors, Chains and Cables.
- Survey of Crew & Passenger accommodation.
- Survey of Hull Boilers and Machinery.
- Survey of Inland Motor Launches/Barges.
- Inspection of Carving Notes.
- Inspection of Passenger Ships for "B" Certificate.
- Inspection of Fire & Boat Drills.
- Inspection of Life Saving Equipment during process of manufacture.
- Inspection of unsafe and unworthy ships for the purpose of detention.
- Examination of Load Line Marks.
- Packing /Labeling Survey of Dangerous Goods to be transported by Sea.
- Tonnage measurement of all Fishing and Coasting Vessels.
- Examination of Loading Plans of Dangerous Cargo.
- Checking of stability calculation (Merchant Shipping Ordinance,
- Supervision of the construction of Crafts/Barges.
- Checking of Designs and approval of constructional plans
- Flag State implementation.
- Audit of Companies for issuance of D.O.C.
- Audit of Ships for issuance of S.M.C.
- Approval of various manuals for Shipboard use mainly related to Safety and Pollution prevention.
- After loading inspections.